How to Have a Green Christmas!
When a bank says “green” you probably think of money, but Legends Bank wants you to think “green” for the environment!
Americans will generate 25% more waste than usual during the holiday months. Plus, we use an extra amount of energy with decorations and more fuel traveling around while shopping and heading out on holidays trips to visit family. Legends Bank has a few tips to help you have an eco-friendly green Christmas holiday:
- For decorating the tree, use LED lights. They use 80% less energy and last 10 times longer.
- Limit the lighting. Turn your decorations on only when you’re in the room and turn off exterior lights before going to bed.
- Save paper and mailing expenses by sending out E-cards and E-mails.
- Shop online. Find that perfect holiday gift without driving all over town. Plus, have packages sent directly to out-of-town recipients.
- Give Green Gifts. Green presents include:
- Books on green living
- Bus passes
- Gift certificates to health food stores
- Donations to organizations that support the environment
- “Green” Christmas tree. Visit a local tree farm and cut down your own and try to find an organic tree farm that is pesticide-free to reduce the toxins in your home.
- An even “Greener” tree option is to buy a live tree then plant it in your yard after the holidays are over.
- Recycle your Christmas tree and natural decorations rather than fill up the landfill. Find local spots near you that will accept your trees to reuse for other natural purposes.
Legends Bank hopes you find these tips useful, and we hope you enjoy your greener holiday season!
We are Legends Bank… professionals who know what you want and need most and a homegrown financial institution that’s here to stay. Contact us today for all your banking needs.