Summer is Savings Time!
Here are a few tips from Legends Bank to help you pinch a few pennies this summer.
Summer usually means spending! Like vacations and family outings.
Here are some ways you can still have a great time this summer, even though you’re not spending as much money.
- Free Events: Save $100 by going to free events, like Movies in the Park, or free days at the museum. Check out these local free events »
- Skip the Theme Park: Save $400 by not going to theme parks, but instead, enjoy the great outdoors at a local state park.
- Garage Sale: Earn some big bucks by having a garage sale. It’s also a good way to meet new people in your neighborhood.
- Skip the Car Wash: Save at least $60 by skipping at least 6 car washes this summer.
- Consigning Clothes: Earn $50 to $100 by taking your old clothes to a consignment shop.
- Couponing: It can save you $20 to $50 a week on groceries.
- Brown Bagging: You can save a bundle by taking your lunch to work.
- Dollar Stores: Those Dollar Store snacks are cheaper than stopping along the way on your family road trip. Stock up before you go!
Just for Kids!
With school being out, your kids need to be active and that usually means expensive trips or outings. Here are some more economical choices you can make.
- Take a trip to the library. Many libraries have free activities for kids and summer reading programs.
- Tour a Police or Fire station. Many of these places offer free tours to families upon request and depending on their schedules.
- Build a fort! Let them turn the den or playroom into a fortress. Let them use pillows, blankets, cardboard boxes, duct tape and anything else you have around the house.
- Cook something up! Let the kids help with meal planning and cooking.
- If you don’t have a pool in your back yard, check out the local public pools for a day of water fun.
These activities can fill up your child’s summer, and parents won’t need to spend much money at all.
We’re Legends Bank … professionals who know what you want and need most. And a homegrown, financial institution that’s here to stay.