Are you interested in applying for a mortgage loan? Here’s what you need to do to get started.
- Review your credit. Take a look at your current credit situation and start taking steps to put your credit in the best condition possible. You can do this yourself by contacting a credit-reporting agency to get a copy of your credit report—or Legends Bank Mortgage Lending can help with this.
- Review your budget. Sit down with your monthly budget and determine how much you can realistically afford. For your convenience, we have a mortgage calculator on our website that can help you determine what your monthly payment would be based on the loan amount.
- Get pre-qualified. Once you’ve reviewed your credit and determined your budget, you can pre-qualify for a loan. Call one of our Legends Mortgage Services professionals to get started.
The application information you will need is:
- Name and Social Security numbers for all applicants
- Complete addresses for the last two years (if you have been renting, include the names and addresses of your landlords)
- Sources of income and the names and addresses of your employers for the last two years
- W-2 forms or other proof of income for the last two years. If you choose to include income from alimony or child support payments, bring copies of court records or cancelled checks to show that payments have been received.
- Two most recent paystubs reflecting 30-day and year-to-date earnings
- A list of all your deposit and investment accounts (checking, savings, stocks, bonds, etc.), including names, addresses, account numbers, and current balances
- Statements from the most recent three months on each deposit account
- A list of all your installment loans, revolving charge accounts, student loans, mortgage loans, and auto loans (include names, addresses, account numbers, monthly payments, and current balances)
- A typewritten or clearly legible sales contract signed by the buyer(s) and seller(s)
- If you are self-employed, please include copies of your last two years’ income tax returns with all schedules. Also bring a profit-and-loss statement for the current year.